Starting a career in Graphics Design
What is Graphic design?
Graphics design is a craft where professionals create visual content to communicate messages. It is also defined as an artistic advertisement.
Graphics design Basics
To start a career in graphics design you have to understand the meaning of graphics design better, it is important to be aware of the elements and principles that make up a design. These elements are used in conjunction or opposition with each other to create visually striking and impactful designs.
These elements include:
There are also principles in graphic design which include:
These principles are there to guide you in designing a perfect work.
Who is a graphic designer?
A graphic designer is also known as a communication designer or a graphic artist that plans and projects ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. In other words, a graphic designer visually communicates certain ideas or messages. This visual content may be as simple as a business logo or as complex as page layouts on a website.
Depending on your role you may be a:
- An art director: You get to take charge of management and also coordinate the production of artists and illustrators to make it possible that projects are completed in time and to the client’s taste.
- An art production manager: You focus on improving efficiency while reducing the cost of the generation and creation of art.
- A creative director: As a Creative Director, you manage the creative team that designs visuals for advertising campaigns, as well as product branding.
- A package designer: You focus on the creation and designing of products for marketing.
- A brand identity developer: You develop the identity of the brand.
- A visual image developer: You create the visual designs through photography, image editing, and 3D modeling.
- A visual journalist: You create informational images like infographics that pass information across.
- A broadcast designer: You create media that are broadcast on television.
- A logo designer: You create visuals and signs that express the organization’s core values and vision. The major aim is to create an image that expresses your client’s identity.
- An interface designer: You develop the Graphical User Interface (GUI) for technological companies that focus on the creation of websites and mobile applications.
- A web designer: You create the graphical layouts for websites.
- A multimedia designer: You focus on applying your skills as a graphic designer to sounds and motion technology.
- A content developer: You create multimedia contents that can contain words, graphics, videos, or sounds – depending on the project at hand.
What’s the workplace of a graphic designer like?
Once armed with the proper knowledge and training, there are several graphics design job options out there.
With technological advancements introducing new types of graphics designs, there are also new Graphic design jobs. This evolution has changed the entire landscape of careers in the field.
The employment of graphic designers in computer systems is projected to grow by 24 percent through 2028. The demand for graphic designers by businesses and organizations is spurred by the need for digital graphics and imagery as they want to increase their digital presence.
The decision a graphic designer would make concerning the choice of a workplace would have to revolve around these three options:
1. A graphic designer could decide to freelance.
Pros: the advantages of this choice includes –
- He gets to be in control of his schedule and decides the jobs to take.
- He can work from anywhere and isn’t restricted by the four walls of the office.
- He gets to explore his total creative gifts.
Cons: the disadvantages of this choice could include-
- The paycheck isn’t reliable, as he gets to hunt for jobs on his own.
- He would mostly have to work alone, there would be no coworkers with him.
2. A graphic designer could choose to work as an in-house graphic designer.
Pros: while working as an in-house graphic designer he gets to enjoy.
- A traditional working environment:
- Opportunities to ascend the corporate ladder:
- A steady salary
- The chance to stay focused on a particular brand.
Cons: The disadvantages a graphic designer might experience would include:
- Having to explain everything he does to people with little knowledge about graphic designing
- He gets to experience more rules which could restrict his creativity.
- The environment might be detrimental to his creative mind.
3. A graphic designer could choose to work for a graphic design agency. These agencies are hired by clients to cater to their graphic’s needs.
Pros: while working for an agency a graphic designer might experience these advantages.
- He meets with mentors and an established process of work.
- He gets to be completely focused on his career as a graphic designer.
- The expectations for excellent delivery of work are high.
Cons: the disadvantages include-
- The workload on him is much.
- Job security is not secured as jobs for agencies ain’t constant.
So what does a graphic designer do?
The job of a graphic designer revolves around combining art and technology to communicate ideas and visions through visual and audio stimulations.
Here are some of the activities a graphics designer might have to immerse himself in:
- A graphic designer advises clients on strategic design techniques for teaching a desired audience.
- A graphic designer makes sure the message being conveyed is the desired one.
- A graphics designer organizes meetings with art directors and clients on determining the scope of the project.
- They also develop visual graphics, logos, or audio to illustrate a product or website.
- Graphic designers select the images, typography, and layouts for the visual expression of their clients or the organization they work for.
Enroll and Join the next batch of Graphic Designers.
Get the up-to-date knowledge in this field
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][ut_btn button_add_icon=”yes” button_icon_align=”right” button_size=”bklyn-btn-normal” button_fluid=”yes” font_weight=”” button_text=”Learn more” button_icon_bklyn=”BklynIcons-Right-3″ button_link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fleinadstudios.com%2Fgraphics-design-training-in-ogun%2F|title:Learn%20Graphic%20Design||” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_background=”#052cad” button_text_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_background_hover=”#000000″][/vc_column][/vc_row]